Department of Animal Sciences started its activity in 2004 by accepting 60 malestudents in the major of Animal Sciences in bachelor degree in the Educational Complex of Golbahar.
The best educational facilities are available there and the quality of education is great. Accepting students in master and PhD levels in the majors of Animal Nutrition and Genetic and Animal Breeding is the future plan of this department.
Facilities and equipment
Department of Animal Sciences was fully equipped with laboratory facilities in a short time after establishment and at present Animal Microbiology Lab, Farm Animal anatomy and physiology lab, Honey Bee workshop and Farm Animal Nutrition Lab which are equipped with full automatic kejeldal system, full automatic fiber analysis system, milk scan, Anaerobic Microbiological jar & ….
Scientific and research activities of the Department of Animal Sciences
· Participating in international conference of BSAS, 2005 and 2007 (England)
· Publishing an article in an international conference of Avicoltra 2006 (Italy)
· Publishing an article titled "Estimation of heditary characteristics of Helshtine Cow " (PJBS 2007,ISI)
· Publishing an article in the World Genetic Conference (Brazil 2006)
· Publishing an article in Animal Sciences Conference (South Korea 2006)
Publishing several articles in international journals