Religious happiness among students
to its religious and cultural aspects are the goals of this office. In 1989, 50 religious ceremonies were held by this office and since that time the Office of Cultural Affairs of the Mashhad Azad University has extended holding of these ceremonies. In 2007, 150 ceremonies were held.
Some of the held religious ceremonies
· Holding 8 ceremonies in Humanity Complex with participation of 1522 people for Prophet Mohammad and Imams' birthday.
· Holding 9 ceremonies in Faculty of Law and Political Sciences with participation of 1770 people for Prophet Mohammad and Imams' birthday.
· Holding 7 ceremonies in Faculty of Para clinic with participation of 1130 people for Prophet Mohammad and Imams' birthday.
· Holding 16 ceremonies in Faculty of Engineering with participation of 2730 people for Prophet Mohammad and Imams' birthday.
· Holding 15 ceremonies in Faculty of Medicine with participation of 3545 people for Prophet Mohammad and Imams' birthday.
· Holding 7 ceremonies in Faculty of Basic Sciences with participation of 3545 people for Prophet Mohammad and Imams' birthday.
Improving religious culture among university people
In 1989, 68 jeremiad ceremonies were hold by the Office of Cultural Affairs. Ever since this office has extended holding of these ceremonies so that in 2007, the number of these ceremonies reached to 130.
· Maintaining the values and establishing and improving religious culture and extending Islamic thoughts among university people.
· Introducing Islam to the students in order to introduce behavioral patterns in the society.
· Following the patterns of Islam as a training method.
Introducing some held jeremiad ceremonies and prayers
· Holding 5 Imams' jeremiad ceremonies in Humanity Complex with participation of 990 people.
· Holding 6 Imams' jeremiad ceremonies in Faculty of Law with participation of 520 people.
· Holding 6 Imams' jeremiad ceremonies in Para clinic Faculty with participation of 1800 people.
· Holding 10 Imams' jeremiad ceremonies in Faculty of Engineering with participation of 990 people.
Maintaining and improving revolutionary sprit among the young
The activities of the Office of Cultural Affairs in the university are very important and this office has decided to extend these activities in different sections.
In 1989, 4 ceremonies were held by this office. Ever since holding these ceremonies have been extended so that in 2007 the number of these ceremonies reached to 18.
Some of the held revolutionary ceremonies
· Memorial of Khorramshahr victory and martyrs of holy defense in Humanity Complex with participation of 550 students.
· Memorial of Khorramshahr victory and martyrs of holy defense in the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences with participation of 550 students.
· Memorial of Khorramshahr victory and martyrs of holy defense in Humanity Complex with participation of 300 students.
· Memorial of Basij Week and Aban 13thdemonstration in the Para Clinic Faculty with the participation of 550 students.
· Qods World Day demonstration in the Faculty of Engineering with participation of 250 students.
· Memorial of Khorramshahr victory and Qods World Day demonstration in the Faculty of Medicine with participation of *** students.
Promoting religion seeking sprit and extending Koran activities
The Office of Cultural Affairs of the Islamic Azad University of Mashhad holds cultural competitions among students every year in order to extend religion orientation sprit and Koran activities. In 1989, this office held 35 competitions.
Ever since the number of these ceremonies has increased, so that in 2007, 80 cultural competitions were held.
Introducing some of the held Competitions
· Holding cultural competitions titled Nahjolbalagheh, Koran and Etrat and Hekmat Motahhar in Humanity Complex with participation of 821 students.
· Holding cultural competitions titled Nahjolbalagheh and Paki Dar Ramezan in the Faculty of Engineering with participation of 70 students.
· Holding cultural competitions titled Koran and Etrat in the Faculty of Medicine with participation of 350 students.
· Holding cultural competitions titled Koran Nategh and Khotbeh Motaghin in Golbahar Educational Complex with participation of 250 students.
Promote religious behavior
Pilgrimage trips and visits
· Sending 2200 students to one-day camping
· Sending 350 students to five-day trip to Imam Khomeini holy shrine and returning via north.
· Sending 250 selected students to six-day camping.
· Cooperation with personnel and professor's camps for going to north in summer.
· Visiting Namaz exhibition – visiting Fariman – visiting *** - visiting the consulting institute of Astan Qods
Sending to Hajj
The Office of Cultural Affairs of the Azad University of Mashhad sends some students to Hajj every year in order to meet the following goals and also give them student loan:
· Maintaining the students' going forward movement in spiritual arena
· Creating positive sprit among students and their spiritual promotion
· Obtaining mental relaxation and providing students' mental needs
In previous years, the Office of Cultural Affairs was holding graduation ceremony divided by departments. But in recent years, these ceremonies are held centrally and student should register online in the website of this office. They need to fill some fields such as the number of passed courses, approximate graduation date and …
The light leading the graduates
A part of the principle of Azad University of Mashhad's lecture in graduation ceremony in November 2007:
· University is a place of cognition and 3 subjects: human, the world and creator of this world are necessary and important for cognition.
· Recognizing human and the world that we live in, are the introduction of God's recognition.
· Objective science is valuable and graduates should try to develop and not to be behind in the electronic communication and information age.
· Having self confidence, we should work hard, invent and produce whatever which are part of the imagination.
Student marriage Ceremonies
the student couples participate in these ceremonies every year and also receive some present. In 1998, 500 students participated in these ceremonies and the number of interested students is increasing every year so that in 2007, 1220 students participated in these ceremonies.
Goals of Student marriage ceremonies
Students are mostly dependent financially to their families while studying and some of them cannot work simultaneously. Research shows that the costly marriage ceremonies are one of the obstacles of marriage.
It is for some years that student marriage ceremonies are held at the university in order to promote simple living and marriage culture and supporting the student couples. The main goal of holding these kinds of ceremonies is encouraging the young to getting married in spite of all possible problems. The group marriage ceremonies are very effective in reducing the costs and students' being subtle and a suitable start of married life.
Studying, planning and ground making for improving the connection between religious school and university is one of the goals and plans of the Office of Cultural and Social Affairs of the Higher Education Ministry. Education oriented and promotion oriented program(developing human resources in cultural and social aspects for all active elements including students, professors and personnel) is one of the main plans in the last two years.
· The conference of university and holy defense
· The conference of science and ethics
· The conference of Reyhane Afarinesh
· The conference of justice spreading and its challenges
· The conference of the young, succulence and happiness
· The conference of *** and constitution law
· The conference of unity of religious school and university
· The conference of supporting Hezbollah
· The conference of student movement
· The conference of civilization maker university
· The conference of Resolution of Problem Solving Council
· The conference of relationship between man and woman in Islam
Extension and promotion of science as a definite cultural dialogue in universities and legislation improvement and systemization in all sections and universities' cultural and social activities are 2 important principles of the action plans approaches of the university. In 1989, 2 issues were published by the Office of Cultural Affairs and ever since the number of published issues is increased.
Introducing the Publications
· Publications of the Faculty of Engineering: Andishe Varzesh, Noandish, Algorithm, Mechanism, Signal, Bisotun, Barayand, Rahro, Imam, Meyar, Tarh
· Publications of the Faculty of Science: Panjereh, Vares
· Publications of the Faculty of Medicine: Neshaneh, Tazeha, Bardasht Azad, Ta sobh
· Publications of the Humanity Complex: Hatef, Taraz, Ayeneh Andishe
· Publications of the Faculty of Law: Hami, Rokhsareh, Sokut, Noghtes sare khat
· Publications: Avaye Azad, Meraj, Payam Avaran, Danesh pajuhane Javan, Kalam Akhar, Fekre Sepideh, Khalvat, Tanin Farda
The first cultural works exhibitions was held in the university by the Office of Cultural Affairs in 1989. Because of the students' great acceptance and more students' cooperation in cultural affairs, this office has extended the holding of these exhibitions so that in 2007 the number of held fairs reached to 15.
Introducing the exhibitions
· Parvaz Dar Malakut Exhibition
· Cultural works Exhibition
· Namaz Exhibition next to Imam Reza holy shrine
· Quarter Of The Century Exhibition
· Book exhibitions
· Caricature Exhibition
· Book and software Exhibition
· Fajr Decade Exhibition
· Memorial of the Hamasesazane Fathe Khorramshahr Exhibition
· Imam Khomeini Memorial Exhibition
· Khakiane Arsh Neshin Exhibition
· Yade Yar Exhibition
Responding to students
Holding round table and asking-answering sessions
Round table is a gathering in which a group of people exchange their ideas and discuss about different aspects of a subject. An asking-answering session which is the most useful and popular kind of round table meeting and is held with the presence of an expert is important, because it reflects the audiences' opinion.
In 2007, 35 round table meetings were held by the Office of Cultural Affairs.
Round table meetings and ask & reply sessions
· Koran and science
· Spouse recognition and spouse selection
· Co-thinking and providence
· Examination the principle of bona fides in legal system
· Law and ethics
· Girls and boys' relationship
· Shakheh nabat
· Geology conference
· Married couples' training workshop
In 1989, 10 camps were held by the Office of Cultural Affairs and ever since this office has extended holding these camps so that in 2007 the number of held camps reached to 31.
Leisure, cultural and pilgrimage camps
· Bagh Golriz leisure camp
· Galian village leisure camp
· Baghrood, Neishaboor leisure camp
· Boozhan, Neishaboor leisure camp
· Majan River leisure camp
· Azghad River leisure camp
· Ortokand leisure camp
· Cultural and pilgrimage camping of Imam Khomeini's death(Tehran)
· Qom pilgrimage camping
· Fariman leisure camp
Theory making chairs
Regarding the emphasis of highly respected leadership: Ayatollah Khameneee on science production and soft ware movement, the Office of Cultural Affairs has held 20 Theory making chairs meetings with the presence of more than 5000 students and professors and people such as Ayatollah Mousavi Bojnordi, Dr. Emad Afroogh and … are invited. The discussed subjects have been: girls and boys' maturity, free-Reba banking, cultural management and …
In 1989, 8 miscellaneous sessions were held by the Office of Cultural Affairs and ever since this office has extended holding of these sessions so that in 2007 the number of held sessions reached to 30.
Islam has a very important social aspect and regarding the impacts of unity and integration, it has emphasized on this aspect in many of its programs. Holding prayers in group is one of those programs. In order to extend the culture of on time prayers, the Office of Cultural Affairs has built a very large and beautiful complex which includes a mosque with the capacity of 1000 people and an amphitheater with the capacity of 800 people, 1 open exhibition center and a museum of cultural works. In this mosque, noon, afternoon, evening and night prayers are performed with the presence of more than 2000 people in 2 shifts.
In addition to this mosque, 8 prayers houses are active in other faculties and hundreds of prayerers use them and hold prayers in group